Kalinzu Forest Chimpanzee Tracking Rules
As the case for all Primates with in African Countries which offer tours to visit the mountain gorillas , chimpanzees. its done under safari type call trekking which means walking into the jungle to search for these primates. Gorilla trekking is done either in Uganda, Rwanda or Democratic republic of congo as the same case like the chimpanzee tracking that can be done in Kalinzu forest. Forget about the hard hassle to visit the chimpanzee in other stepper slopes and select to visit the chimpanzees in Kalinzu forest reserve in western Uganda at the most discounted price.
For your own safety and protection of the chimpanzees. you are required to follow a few rules along the forest trails.
- Chimpanzee can catch your diseases, you must not enter the forest if you are sick.
- Dont leave littler in the forest
- if you need to urinate or defecate, do so off the trail. bury your waste hole ( 30 cm deep) along with any toilet paper.
- Keep as quite as possible in the forest , you will see more
- Keep at least 8 meters ( 25 feets) from the chimpanzees at all times
- Dont mimic chimpanzees vocalization ( you don’t know what you might be saying)
- Do not eat near the chimpanzees
- Do not chase the chimpanzees
- Do not use the flash when taking photography.
Can Chimpanzee Tracking in Kalinzu forest be combined with Boat Cruise in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
As the visitors some time experience disappointments in chimpanzee tracking in Queen elizabeth national park, they have resorted to do chimpanzee tracking in Kalinzu Forest reserve which is under the management of National forest authority.
Sunset Cruises, Why not treat yourself to a sunset cruise on kazinga channel where you will get an opportunity to spot more wildlife animals and several species of water birds, monitor lizards or even the elusive otter . you will also have an opportunity to visit the fishing communities on the neighboring communities